Insect-Blocking Package Technology – whatever your packaging material, we can treat it.
Stored-product insects, like the Khapra Beetle, Indian Meal Moth, grain beetle, or flour beetle can work their way into any package, including foils and plastic films, given enough time and opportunity throughout the supply-chain distribution process. Insect-infested products lead to consumer complaints, inventory returns, retail charge-backs, and lost sales opportunities for consumer goods companies. Our company was founded with the purpose of developing unique technologies that solve an ancient problem of insect infestation in our food supply chain.
Our offices continue to run at full capacity to serve our customers during the Covid-19 pandemic. We at ProvisionGard support the food industry and are proud of our customers creating packages that are shipped worldwide. Safety is our first priority during this challenging time. We are honored to help safeguard the flow of food around the globe, and our best wishes are for a speedy recovery to all.
MIT Report: ProvisionGARD chosen by USAID for food packaging shipments
In a two year pilot procurement program valued at approximately $600,000 USD, MIT, USAID and USDA tested eight packaging types. ProvisionGARD was chosen by the USAID to be used for food packaging shipments, to prevent insect infestation and to reduce shipping costs from fumigation expenses.
- Pennington Seed Endorses ProvisionGard
- Woman horrified to find new bag of flour crawling with insects
- Destructive beetle larvae seized at International Falls port of entry
- MIT Study Praises ProvisionGard in Food Policy Journal
- New Interactive Spanish Brochure
- ProvisionGard treatment results are in – Journal of Stored Products Research study for Khapra Beetle infestation prevention for food packaging
- MIT Report: ProvisionGARD chosen by USAID for food packaging shipments
- ProvisionGard supports humanitarian relief effort
- Kansas State University sawtoothed grain beetle ProvisionGARD Study Results
- Read about MIT’s Comprehensive Initiative on Technology Evaluation that may reduce spoilage in food aid.
- Learn more about MIT Comprehensive Initiative on Technology Evaluation (CITE) study to reduce spoilage in food aid shipments.
- Need a certificate of fumigation? Once ProvisionGARD is applied, we can supply one upon request.
- Seed Quest announces ProvisionGard’s insect resistant packaging technology.